Please find below the essential information for submitting your Abstract.
General Information & Deadlines
1. Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline of 4 May 2022.
Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program or publication.
2. Each author may submit one abstract only.
3. Abstracts need to be submitted for one of the following topics:
- including contractile proteins and muscle structure (including actin, myosin, tropomyosin, troponin, titin, nebulin, costameres, Z-line, M-line, cytoskeleton)
Mechanisms of Contraction
- including contractile mechanisms, or Cross-bridge mechanisms of contraction (including single molecule studies, energetics, Ca2+ and troponin/tropomyosin regulation)
Muscle Development and Epigenetics
- including growth, hypertrophy/atrophy, hormones, aging, clock, environmental effects, etc.
- including exercise, hypoxia and cold acclimation, non-contraction functions, isoform switch of sarcomeric/metabolic proteins, oxidative stress, etc.
- including neuromuscular junction, ion channels, membrane proteins, organelle interactions, Ca2+ dynamics and E-C coupling etc.
Energetics and Mitochondrial Plasticity
- including metabolism, signalling, OXPHOS, ATP synthesis, mitophagy, control of cell death, fusion-fission, pathology, clinical targets, etc.
- including metabolism and signalling, mechanics, adaptive changes, Ca2+- dynamics, cardioprotection, cardiotoxicity, sepsis, etc.
Smooth and Specialized Muscles
- including asynchronous insect flight muscle and mollusk catch muscle, extraocular muscle, diaphragm etc.
- including heart failure, cardiomyopathy, and other disorder
- including muscular dystrophy and other disorder
4. A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
5. Once the abstract is submitted it can be changed until the Abstract Submission Deadline of 4 May 2022.
6. All abstracts will be reviewed for its formal aspects and for the content. Abstracts will be reviewed for acceptance and for determination of the final presentation type.
7. Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website. Abstracts not suitable for presentation will be rejected. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. The organiser reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary.
Abstract authors will be offered to submit their paper to a Special Issue of the Journal of Muscle Research and Cell Motility.
8. All presenting authors will receive an evaluation notification via e-mail by 15 June 2022.
9. All presenting authors are obliged to register by 30 June 2022.
10. All abstracts must be written in English.
11. The abstract title is limited to 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (e.g., My abstract for EMC 2021 will be presented in Prague).
12. Up to 15 authors can be listed for one abstract (including the presenting author).
The presenting author is submitted first; other authors can be added only after the presenting author has been submitted. However, the author order can be changed if needed by swapping the names in the list of the authors.
The first name in the final author list is considered to be the main author of the study.
13. The abstract text needs to be between 150 – 250 words.
14. Tables and figures are not allowed.